CAMERABOX - Beware!

Raaid

Jun 16, 2011
Bolton
The company Camerabox, as it's name implies, is an online seller of photographic equipment.
Of late, if one Googles a camera type and looks for the best price on offer, it is more than likely that you will be directed to Camerabox. Just beware!
The company has a terrible reputation - search reviewcentre.com for Camerabox and see the problems that many others have experienced - problems ranging from non-receipt of goods, non-return of money, to simply the inability to contact them by email or telephone.

Their typical ploy is to advertise goods they say they stock, but don't - simply taking orders (and money) and not stocking for weeks later, if at all. So, they use customer's money to bolster their cash flow, with the danger that customers will be left with no goods and empty pockets.

A typical consumer review, written today, reads: -
<This is the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with - I'm still waiting for my goods two weeks later despite being informed it's been posted. I'm writing this as I sit on the phone for the 11th time in a week,yet to get through (been hanging on for 40 minutes on this occasion and already jheard an entire albumn from someone equally as tedious and annoying as the company themselves. Customer services is allegedly 'important to them' I'm yet to speak to anyone....nothing even automated - just ringing out. I suspect this organistion is actually a 16 year old selling from his bedroom. There are no processes/procedures as you'd expect - no formal way to complain - and e:mail is the only thing they deal with (badly). Quite happy to take your money, then take their time fulfilling your order (or indeed not bothering at all). A tin pot place that doesn't deserve customers. You've been warned! Spend a little more and get the service (and indeed the goods you've paid for!) - I won't make this mistake again.

Unfortunately, I paid them before I saw the many complaints and so I'm now trying to recover my money.

24/7 TopDeals

Jun 2, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
If people that have placed an order with this company have paid either by credit card or debid card they can do a charge back through those.

Typical a credit card allows you to make a charge back within 180 days of purchace,
a debit card allows you to make a charge back within 120 days of purchace.

Either way you will need to speak to the issuer of the card in order to make a charge back.
Do not let the bank tell you that this can not be done because they can.

24/7 TopDeals.

Raaid

Jun 16, 2011
Bolton
Yes, credit card companies will reimburse their card-holder, but only after the buyer has waited 30 days and then made or attempted to make one last contact with the payee. That is not the point, however, for Camerabox effectively uses our money for a minimum of 30 days in their own bank account! Judging by the number of customers complaining about Camerabox, that will be a considerable amount of money they are hanging onto!!

My advice is to contact Trading Standards in Oxfordshire <trading.standards@oxfordshire.gov.uk> and they will add your complaint to others.
Here is a format of a letter you should then send to Camerabox: -

The Company Secretary,
Camerabox Limited,
Unit 7,
Jane Moreby Road,
Thame,
Oxon,
OX9 3RR
RECORDED DELIVERY

Date

Dear Sir or Madam

Order Reference xxxxxx – Trading Standards Reference xxxxxx

I have been advised to put my position in writing by Oxfordshire County Council Trading Standards Service.

As your company is aware, I ordered (detail) on (date) and I would like to take this opportunity to detail the following sequence of events,

1. Bullet Point
2. Bullet Point
3. Bullet Point
4. Bullet Point
5. Bullet Point

The purchase of the (detail) is governed by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations which require you to supply the goods within 30 days or by such date as agreed in the contract. Your website promises delivery within (detail period) and as a consequence I believe you are in breach of the regulations.

These same regulations give me cancellation rights and require your company to provide a refund 30 days from the date of cancellation. I therefore require a refund to be made to (my card?) by (date 30 days from the date of cancellation).

In addition, for the avoidance of doubt can I make it clear that good title does not transfer to me until I receive delivery of (detail).

Finally, can I ask for your written response by (date 7 working days from the date of this letter – treat Monday to Friday as working days).

Yours faithfully

No doubt the law is on our side and one way or another, our money should be safe, but what a way for a trading company to operate!. Hopefully that will not be for very much longer!

( Incidentally, Camerabox were in court earlier this year and fined £400 plus £1694.21 costs!)

Like I said - beware of Camerabox!!