African Gray Parrot/Bulldog/Animal Scam!

Parrotscam

Jun 27, 2011
Hi,

Just thought I'd add a recent near brush to the equation.

Recently an add for an African Gray Parrot appear in the local adds (Breeder name is CLAUDIA INGRAM) after contacting her she put me onto someone who had recently purchased a new bird but no longer needed it due to work constraints.

The person in question was name "Dr." SOLA WILLIAMS a christian missionary who had been redeployed in Malaysia (taking the bird with her) and now said she doesn't have any time to look after the bird. (Why she'd look at re-homing it so far from Malaysia anyway I don't know).

Anyway, she asked for $300 for shipping fee's to get the bird to the US, stating Western Union as payment method. When asked if she could use paypal as an alternative so that the transaction could be insured she vehemently said no, stating that it would mean the process would be slower and she needed cash asap to pay the airline to ship.

I may well have gone ahead with this had i not googled her name and come across a (deleted) craigslist post about an almost identical situation except with bulldogs. Which lead me here to this post:

w w w. scam .com/showpost.php?p=434811&postcount=52 (please delete the spaces between w w w. and scam and .com - need a 10 post count)

THIS SCAM IS ALMOST IDENTICAL EXCEPT FOR THE BREEDER NAME AND THE ANIMAL IN QUESTION!

NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WILL ONLY USE WESTERN UNION, THERE ARE ALTERNATIVE, SAFER & FREE METHODS OF PAYMENT.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL & REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN EASILY ALTER THE NAMES.