Micromarble Fire Surround

jaytee18

Jul 4, 2011
Bought a micromarble fire surround and gas fire from a shop who organised the fitter but gave me option to choose my own. The fire surround was fitted and two days later when the gas fire was being fitted I noticed 2 flaws in face of material of fire surround and telephoned shop. The fitter was sent out to try to repair the marks but was unable to do so. The shop is now ordering me a new one and will have it installed but they want to charge me £100 and I'm not sure what for. Apparently I should have been invited to examine the item before fitting and the shop said the only supply but it is what they have supplied that has the marks. Should I have to pay?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
No you shouldnt have to pay the charge to have the replacement as afterall the goods that were fitted were damaged/faulty . However, if you were invited to take a look at it before fitting and it turns out the marks were there before fitting and you didnt go to take a look, the shop could try and charge you for the fitting of the replacement, but not the new product.