Car bought from dealer 7 months old - problems HELP!

Breadmouse

Jul 9, 2011
Hi I bought a second hand car form a dealer in November last year - it was 7 months old. Ive had real problems with it over the last few months. So far its had brake calipers changed which hasnt really improved the reliability of the handbrake so i have to leave it in gear when i park. 2 weeks ago it had new alternater as i kept getting engine management lights, battery lights and it kept cutting out. Ive been told that every 600km I have to drive it at 60 mph for half an hour to clear the diesel particulate filter. Ive had it back 9 days and then it started cutting out when driving...dangerous as well as annoying. I nearly had a car drive into me!

Each time theyve had it in under warranty...fair dues to them for that but Im really getting fed up with the car forever being in the garage. I have 3 young children...2 of whom have health problems and regular hospital appointments and my hubby is often away in Europe. We would have bought the car new if we could but they stopped manufacturing them til the new model.

Do I have any rights for getting some sort of refund. We unfortunately have finance on the car so selling it would be more complicated and to be honest I would hate to sell this car to anyone, even my worst enemy.

I made a complaint to the company themselves and they arent interested....they just said they would contact the garage.

Donna