car has faults

gemma1981

Jul 11, 2011
my partner brought a car 6 weeks ago. when he brought the car home he complained that the gearbox didnt feel right and neither did the clutch, took it back to the garage who said that both the clutch and gearbox was fine, he has since been back a few times complaining of these faults only to be told that there was nothing wrong.
He has since been to see our usual mechanic who has told him both the clutch and gearbox are on their way out and will need replacing.
the garage only gave him 30 days warrenty, but i was wondering because he brought these problems up before the warrenty expired where do we stand, is the garage liable for the repairs?

iris10

Jul 23, 2011
my partner brought a car 6 weeks ago. when he brought the car home he complained that the gearbox didnt feel right and neither did the clutch, took it back to the garage who said that both the clutch and gearbox was fine, he has since been back a few times complaining of these faults only to be told that there was nothing wrong.
He has since been to see our usual mechanic who has told him both the clutch and gearbox are on their way out and will need replacing.
the garage only gave him 30 days warrenty, but i was wondering because he brought these problems up before the warrenty expired where do we stand, is the garage liable for the repairs?
similar to us. We purchased a Land Rover and found after our holiday it had a broken water pump. It starts when it wants to and the Trader will not accept liability. He saysbecause wedid not contact him he will not do anything. We couldn.t contact him we were on holiday for nearly a month in Turkey, what else could we do.