2nd hand car from Arnold Clark

kevykat

Jul 26, 2011
heres a quick summary

paid 15 k up front took out 2 year warranty
given car last day of march losing a whole months road tax, got car and was filthy in and out,wasnt happy with scratches and paint work
new clutch installed after noise on take offs within first month.
car taken away for respray, came back with damage to rear plastic wheel arch and more scratches. awful paint job. over spill on car, roof had bad edges and bonnet paint peeling off
got another respary and same again, paint peeled off with finger nail and with jet wash. rest of car ok with the jet wash
has to go for 3rd respray.
after this i will have lost 3 months worth of road tax and been paying a loan for a car arnold clark have had more than i have. still cant valet properly
been going on since march and still not sorted

just called Arnold Clark they say a final settlement, keeping in mind they aint offered me anything before this. As a good will gesture we will give you 6 months road tax. I just had to laugh at the bloke on the phone.

considering i paid for my original 6 months road tax, losing 3 months of it and all they can offer is another 6 months. pretty poor offer.

if they dont offer me more im thinking of going to small claims

CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS
Loss of road tax, 6 months = £ 130
2 months car loan paid for a car I never had £700

what suitable pirice could i put down for compensation?

I cant see them offering me anything like this hence why small claims may be the way forward