Home Website Builder - legal rights for me.

Les Worrall

Jul 26, 2011
A friend of mine was spoofed on his email account and I received a nice message from him (at least that is what I thought). He recommended joining Home Website Builder. As I trusted my freind (not realising his email address had been spoofed, I joined.
This is the name of the company.
Your FREE Money Making Website - Home Website Builder

It states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

I joined and got high pressure selling to spend more and more money, which I didn't do. I also found it not to my liking. Within an hour of joining, I rang my credit card company asking if they could cancel the one off payment of around £29. They said they couldn't.

I then sent HWB an email to say that I didn't want to continue and asked for my money back.

Their reply was that I had to use the product for 2 weeks before they would consider any refund.
They refuse to pay the money back even though I sent my email within the 7 day cooling off period based on the Distance Selling contract.

I have all the email communication.

Is there anything I can do? I am very concerned about them possibly taking more money from my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a member of Which, and that supposedly covers me for solicitors, but not sure if that is the correct route to go.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Les

The company is a limited company based in Nottingham with 3 directors all between 27-29 years of age. This company was incorporated on 1 April 2011 (April fools day?) The company name is iNet Cubed Ltd. Interestingly the company is registered in England and Wales but the Terms and Conditions state that disputes are subject to US law.

The cancellation terms state that you have to use the product for 14 days and

must have given it a fair try and chance to produce results and

contacted the customer support by enmail asking for help and advice and act upon it and

used the free advertising credits and

request a refund by contacting customer support within 30 days.

I would suggest that you need to get proper legal advice regarding the possibly unfair terms of cancellation and the distance selling etc etc. To me it does not look good and when I see an English company using US law, alarm bells ring. I would make sure that the credit card company does not allow them to take any more money by cancelling the card if necessary.

I have lots of information about the directors, other companies they own etc if you want to email me to discuss.

regards

Les Worrall

Jul 26, 2011
Trickyd, I can't send an email as I haven't posted enough. The same applies with Private Messages. I would love to have the details.

So I need to post 10 times.

Les Worrall

Jul 26, 2011
Yes I could see you profile, but I wasn't allowed to send you an email unless I had made 20 post. However if I made 10 post, I could send youa private message. I have done that with my email address.
Les

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Les

The company is called INet Cuber Ltd. Reg no. 07587300 incorporated 1/4/2011
the directors of the company are Mr DR Sharpe 16/9/83, Mr R Burrow 11/3/82, Mr RS Wass 13/4/84. The reg address is 54-56 lace Market House, 54-56 High Pavement Nottingham NG1 1HW