Company saying warranty on faulty item is not valid?

khayes

Aug 1, 2011
Hi there,

My husband bought me a ice machine back in december 2009 and in September 2010 it broke, the company offered my a replacement and i accepted. Now 10 months later the 2nd ice machine has broken but the company are saying that the warranty was on the order not the replacement.

Can you give me any advice about this.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
when a product is replaced under a warranty, this does not mean that you receive a new warranty when you receive a replacement. In essence the contract that you make at the time of sale, which includes the warranty, is formed at the time when you paid the money. Issuing a replacement is something that occurs under the original agreement. It does not mean that you receive a new warranty. Therefore, it is important to be aware that your original warranty will expire on the original purchase, rather than the clock being re-set on the warranty at the time when your item is replaced.

You need to check the original warranty details, and see how long your warranty was for, if the warranty has now expired, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do with legal backing, you can however argue the issue up and make a big fuss, basically nag them to death, and they might just give in to get rid of you.

Adam