New mattress gone faulty, ebay seller refuse to help!

medeano

Aug 7, 2011
Hi can anyone advise please i purchased a new mattress from a business seller on ebay, i made them aware that on that friday i was moving house so the new mattress wouldn't be used untill i had moved into the new house. The new mattress arrived and was laid flat in the spare bedroom, even on the van when we moved house it was laid flat, for the first 2 weeks the mattress on the base was fine then the bottom started got out of shape, i contacted the seller who asked me to send photo which i did also explained the above info that it had been laid flat etc but they refused to help saying we had damaged it by putting something heavy on it which was un true, i contacted ebay for help but they also refused to help and went in favour of the seller, the mattress cost me £114 so not a cheap one so i think it should last more than a few weeks, i brought a better mattress as i had my spine fused so wanted something of value and comfort.
Can anyone help please if i have a claim against the company, i was happy to have a replacement or my money back but they point blank refused saying i had caused the damage myself either by standing it on end or laying heavy stuff on it, Ive even thought about going through the small claims court but not sure if i have grounds for this.

any help would be appreciated please.

Many thanks Dean

Novicerover

Aug 17, 2011
Nuneaton
It seems to me that you need a independent examination and report if you intend to make a claim through the court.,
I assume the supplier has not had an examination carried out from your comments.? If not this would be in your favour !!
I would also look for a trade arbitrary body , some trades and manufacturers have such independent services.

Tim Deegan

Apr 14, 2011
www.mattressadvice.co.uk
A mattress costing £114 is most likely a budget mattress, or at best a middle of the range open coil sprung one.

If the bottom has started to go out of shape after you started using it, then it sounds like it is faulty, and needs to be exchanged.

Can you tell us who the seller was?