New Peugeot 207 Clarion fault, can I return the car?

Sooz

Sep 5, 2011
I bought a brand new Peugeot 207 Sportium with built in Clarion multimedia System on July 26 2011. The Clarion has been faulty since i bought it. I've had to take it back to the dealer twice. They refused to pick the car up and laways have at least two weeks before they can give me a courtesy car. They have promised to phone me back on numerous occasions and failed to do so. They have also handed me the car back once telling me they had fixed the fault when they hadn't. Therefor i have had to take two days off work. The dealer has refused to take the complaint seriously until last Friday when I told them I wanted to hand the car back and have my money back.

At this point they suddenly found a courtesy car and told me the fault was known and Peugeot were releasing a fix (today) Monday. They also told me I can't hand the car back because I bought it on finance.

The dealer also gave me the wrong information regarding insurance when buying the car, which I have recitified and extra cost.

Can I return the car or claim compensation for the days I have had to take off and cost of phone calls, petrol etc?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
you can claim for days you've had to take off work etc providing that the dealer was aware by means of you communicating to them that you would have to take days off work while the problem was being sorted. If however you did not tell the dealer that the problems would cause you to take days off work, then unfortunately it would be a hard case to fight as the dealer was unaware.

lbeddowscbr

Dec 17, 2011
From what i have read in documnets relating to a consumers right, the product bought must be in satisfactory condition, be fit for purpose and be of good quality.

in your instance non of the above are met so you should be well withing your rights to either send the car back for a replacement, have the car fixed and all charges incured paid by the dealer you bought it from or ask for a full refund!

search for Sale of Goods Act 1979
mainly section 14 paragraph 2B

this is where you will find the answer if anywere