Orange contract

Audrey49

Sep 6, 2011
In November 2010 I took out a 24 month contract with Orange. There network is absolute rubbish. My phone is continually cutting off in the middle of conversations. Most text messages are not sent with the message 'message sending failed' being shown. More often than not my phone lights up with the message 'select network'. In fact it is so bad I now use the landline when I am at home rather than text or phone on my mobile. I have telephoned Orange a few times and each time they take me through the 'select network' process. It varies from T Mobile to Orange but both are useless.

My question is - am I within my rights to cancel this contract after 1 year as I am paying for a service I am not receiving.

Thank you for reading.

Audrey

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I assume this issues only occurs when you are at home. Most providers give you an initial 14 day no-quibbles return period to test reception at home and others let you change your mind. Has it recently stopped working? Or has it always been like that? Is it just at home? Have you moved?

Also remember that by committing to a particular network provider you also commit to their coverage area and fees. So you may find that your friend who is ‘on’ Orange can get reception while you can’t. Not much you can do about this.
From - Mobile phones - consumer choice and consumer rights | Consumer Information

peterf

Sep 20, 2011
I had the same problem. I wrote to the CEO and had a call from one of his top level complaints people. He offered to just cancel the contract there and then - he said it as more of a threat, really - and I said yes, and that was that.