Strathaven Roofer - so bad my new roof has to be removed and redone

coco1

Sep 16, 2011
Just had a roof built by J Wilkie, Roofer, Dovecastle Drive, Strathaven, ML10 and it was so bad that I called in a surveyor to look at it when it was supposedly finished, apart from the new window (which we paid for and never got) was put in.

The surveyor said it was some of the worst work he had ever seen and couldn't even be repaired. It needs to come down and be started again but Wilkie took our money, so we can't afford to have it redone.

I have put the information on a website where you can see photos of the work and view or download the entire surveyor's report, which says every bit of the work is so bad that it cannot even be repaired, it nees stripped and started again, which Wilkie refuses to do, as well as refusing to repay the money my gullible, 90 year old mother trusted him enough to pay him just before he had finished. The surveyor cost her £240 and we are now going to take J Wilkie to court, despite the fact that it is known that such an action is often fruitless even when you win.

The surveyor's report and photos are on a website I made about it, here (note, there is no www in front of the web address)... badbuilder.net63.net

coco1

Sep 16, 2011
Ah. The content doesn't contain malicious content, it just shows photos, states facts and allows people to see the surveyor's report. I suppose they have to be careful, though

coco1

Sep 16, 2011
NOTE, This is not about James Wilkie, 24 Dovecastle Drive Strathaven, who has no connection with the work done at my place. It is about John Wilkie.
It doesn't seem to be possible to edit my original post to clarify that