3G Internet Mobile Broadband

vgdrew

Nov 12, 2008
I purchashed an 18 month subscription for 3G broadband to use as my primary interment connection. Due to being a tennant and not being sure where I would end up long term seemed the logical thing to do. Unfortunately it has turned out to be a giant lemon.

The broadband connection lasts for 2 minutes, crashes and then I have to reconnect (constantly through the day). This has gone on for months and in the 3 diiferent locations. The first was in Maidenhead, Berkshire, the 2nd, Greater London and the last Cottenham Cambridge. All with the same issues.

I have contacted broadband support and whilst they seem keen to find a problem with my laptop, the facts are I can connect and then the connection is lost within minutes. I now have landline broadband and has not missed a beat.

So, despite my letter requesting a cancellation to my subscription, I keep getting the royal run around. I want to take this further as I am paying for a service that is not useable. Is there consumer law available to me to enable myself to cancel the contract without penalty?

The phone company in question is 3. I loved them in Australia, but have been very disappointed with them in the UK.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I used to have a three phone in the early days, very unreliable and used to drop calls all the time.

My broadband has been out of action for the last ten days and have been using a Vodaphone data card that I don't usually use at home. The connection was terrible and have switched to orange. I was out-of-contract with vodaphone so could give them 30 days notice.

I then checked all the other mobile broadband providers and the only one that works well at home was Orange - they all have postcode checkers. I signed up for an 18 month contract and the guy told me I have two week cooling off/cancellation period.

Have you initiated a formal complaint with 3 - 3 - Contact Us - Advice

One thought, have you tried your dongle with a different laptop - might be worth a try before going down the formal complaint route.