Mis sold a phone contract with three

Vinceroig

Oct 2, 2011
I went with my friend to a three store, he wanted to buy an iphone contract. He fail the credit check. We were about to leave when the shop assist insisted I open the contract on my name and adress but take my friend's bank details to open and pay for the contract.
I wasn't sure about this but she assured me that doing it this way, as my friend would have already being paying via direct debit, after a month we could transfer the contract to his name with no further checks and easily, and if we experience any problems, to go back to the store and they can help and do it from there.
When we call to transfer the name after a month, the credit check fail again, so we went to the store and they refuse to help, saying there was nothing they can do.
I spoke to the store manager and he said that the contract should have never been opened under my name using my friend's account details as it was againts their policy, so I should be able to cancel it with no penalty charges, but I had to phone the call centre.
I call several times but they would not help, I put a formal complain through and it was denied, the call centre manager told me that there is nothing they can do and to take it up with the store, who has also told me the same.
I feel I was given false and misleading information at the store to begin with, if I had know that another credit check was needed after a month and it could fail, I would have not agreed to open the contract.
Does anyone know what my rights are under this circumtances? I don't know what else I can do.