Samsung D7000 Problems - Advice Needed

SparkyQ

Oct 18, 2011
Hi,
Recently purchased a Samsung ue46d7000 (within 30 days) and am not happy with the picture, it has very noticeable clouding effect and when room is dark it is really intrusive making the right hand of the screen noticeable brighter than the left and you can really obviously see one of the edge LEDs on the bottom 'torchlighting' up the screen. When speaking to the retailer Richer Sounds they state this is not going to be a fault and is a known feature of edge lit led tvs (wasnt mentioned on any feature list I saw :) ), seems to be common and variable in its impact looking on the forums, I believe mine is at the worse end of the scale and therefore I should be entitled to a refund or at the very least a replacement set, is that correct??

Also to add insult to injury the 'free' Samsung tablet that should have come with the tv but was delayed I have now been told is likely to never come due to Samsung manufacturing problems. The man who called said as it was a 'free' item promotion that I am not entitled to any recompense if they cant supply it, surely this is not correct, on the receipt the item has an RRP of 249.99, what can I expect here, it was one of the main reasons I bought the TV from the retailer, surely they cannot fail to provide the item and offer no recompense? Any advice?

I am not at all happy with this retailer and it feels like they are deliberately trying to mislead me with respect to my consumer rights, is that correct?

Thanks

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
SparkyQ

Firstly if you believe your tv is faulty which the retailer knows is an inherent fault they should have pointed this out. Reject it as not as described and not of satisfactory quality. Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, goods are satisfactory quality if they meet the the standard a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory taking account of description of goods, price and all other relevant circumstances (s.14 2A).

In relation to the other item this was offered as an inducement to enter into a contract for the tv and if they can't provide it they should provide an alternative of similar spec, price etc.

I would write to them quickly rejecting it and informing them if they dont refund your money you will have to start proceedings in the small claims court.

Trading standards might also help.