Vodafone non customer service

fletcherjt

Oct 23, 2011
Had been a Vodafone customer for 2 years paying £30 per month for Lap Top and mobile phone ,no problems.My contract was due to expire on 16th October this year,so got in touch to tell them i was not renewing contract, as i was a light user and intended shopping around for a good deal.This was around the 20th of September.Within 24 hours i was contacted by a salesman called Ben Campbell asking if he could possibly find a deal to suit me as"A valued customer".He suggested i took an HTS Wildfire S . For £12.50 i could have the phone for free, unlimited texts, 600 minutes of calls and a small internet usage. I have had a bad experience before with mobile phone companies .I asked if i could have 24 hours to think it over.I went on the internet and checked the offer out in regards to other companies.The offer was excellent . No other companies could beat it.He called back the following day for my answer.As i have already said i had a bad experience , so got him to repeat the offer and the price. He confirmed the offer and said he could send the phone out within 24 hours and my new contract would start immediately at the new price. I agreed and received new phone on Monday 26 th September.On Monday 16th October i lost all services and couldn,t phone or text.I didn,t have time till Friday 21st to investigate.I went on Vodafone website to get contact number. Just out of curiousity i went to my account to check my contract was set up right. I was shocked to see i was set to pay £24.99 per month.On contacting Vodafone,the first agent redirected me to a non existent phone number. I decided to go online and use their chat service to try and sort the mess out.I was told my contract had been up on 16th October so my line had been stopped.I tried to explain i was on new contract and this was an error.I was asked if i wanted line reinstated. It was ridiculous ,of course i wanted to be able to use my new phone.They said they would reactivate line and it might take up to 24 hours .I told them there had been an error in my new contract rate.They said that the £12.50 rate was only for last 2 weeks of contract , and my new rate was£24.99.I tried to reason with these people,but they said there was nothing they could do.I told them i wasn,t happy.They said someone would call back that day at 1 o,clock.Needless to say no one called back.I tried to resolve situation again today Sunday 23rd October.Asked to speak to a team leader . Was told i would be wasting my time as they would give the same answer.I have now sent my complaint to the Communications Ombudsman At OTELO, hoping they can help

FUMINGFROG

Feb 20, 2014
After having no service for 5 days in November, 15 days in January, 5 days in February I contacted Vodafone. I received a message on Vodafone's forum, which said:”If you’d like to discuss a line rental refund, please get in touch here. Simon. So I did and also got a private message asking me to give my account sort code, my facebook and twitter username etc.. adding EFT165 in the subject box. I did all that and the automated reply I had was frankly unacceptable: “Thanks for your private message.
Due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we’re unable to respond to all of our PM’s. Please follow one of the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible.
For queries on Vodafone products and services, please post on the eForum, where our team will be along shortly to help you.
If your query is regarding your account, then you can contact Vodafone by simply clicking here and speaking to one of our advisors.”
Why on earth send a private message and ask for all the private details if you are not going to bother to answer anyways!
I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TO AN ADVISOR. I want the answers by email as at least I would have written proof of the promises of refunds which so far have not exactly materialised although I was told by 4 advisors that I would get a refund and so far only had 2. Also was told on the chat line that I would only get 50% refund pro rata, but this is the message I had on facebook:
Vodafone UK wrote: "Hi Paulette. No network garauntees 100% coverage 100% of the time, it's the nature of the network. If you are without coverage for three days or more, we will cover the line rental. If you're in an agreement and wish to leave, you can, provided the early termination fee has been met. If you're having difficulties, follow the steps here and we'll be happy to investigate this for you. DaveCD" So why don't they automatically cover the line rental???? and give us all this rubbish about 50%.
Previously I was kept hanging on their chat line for 1hour 30mins for the manager only to be told that the manager was now unavailable as he had now gone home.
My advice is stay well away from Vodafone, they are quite happy to take your money and apply charges if you pay your bill late, but cannot provide a reliable service. NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!!!