Glasgow scams thermal roofline coatings

cyberpunx

Oct 24, 2011
hi just wanted you all to know of scam going around glasgow and paisley area.
this company thermal roof(line) coatings are not to be trusted.

THERMAL ROOFLINE COATINGS 0141 530 5813. not very nice people do a very shoddy job mostly for pensioners , leave all the old gutters and facia uncollected . when i phoned to complain i got threatened basically. but those people do not scare me. beware of this company i went onto find out they are a disolved company from jan this year and still should not be trading. but they are.
so if you live in or around glasgow and paisley area beware.

thats THERMAL ROOFLINE COATINGS
also called thermal roof coatings( companies house ) but have had like 4 names in 5 year. ive got onto trading standards what else can i do for my parents both in 80's
they paid the full amount. £450 for about 2 gutters and thats cheap plastic fascia about 40 quids worth of that left it filthy with hand prints. absolute rip off merchants. and as ive said complain and get threatend.
so as i did not want to bring anymore trouble to my parents house i ate humble pie then (not now)
so please if you have any info on this company can you pass it onto me address for them anything i will go personally to them. just not at my parents.
or report them if you see them trading .

thelegalizer

Jan 18, 2012
Wow this seems to be a massive scam. I'm currently working on a new BBC show called The Legalizer and will definitely make sure we look into this...

Gogilvy

Nov 3, 2012
Re: Glasgow scams thermal coatings

Yeh had similar experience got price for changing out roofline from Thermal Coating from Bellshill got a start date of 2 weeks and paid deposit of £288 3 months later with several phone calls with no reply I have now cancelled and been told I will get no deposit back because it was out with the 7 day cancellation period so basically they can take your money with no intention of doing any work and just keep your money..Please people stay away from this lot..

peeby

Jan 15, 2014
Hi,
I am so very happy I went online today and found this site. We had a guy come round today from a company THERMAL COATINGS Ltd. His business card address Bellshill ML4 3NG. I was only wanting to hear about the product, but my husband was pretty keen to take up the offer, we had been given all the usual pitch of discount only today, voucher discount and sales board outside discount. Also given was a letter to show price increase coming soon which SHOULD work to incentivise too. We were also told some other person close by round the street was the next visit and that they would be getting the better deal if we did'nt go for it. £200 deposit then balance linked with jobs done. My background is sales and this has made me so sceptical and aware of all the tactics. Visually the roofs did look good after a good clean and paint up, but in my minds eye I was not out to buy at that point. Please do your homework first, get quotes from proper roofers who can give other options and quotes. That is what we are doing. :)

LG Shunters

Mar 17, 2014
I am glad I found is site. Yesterday I had an unsolicited house call from THERMAL COATINGS based in DA1 1JZ, offering the same deal as the people In Glasgow. They are now trying to drum up business in Thurrock, near Essex. After reading the posts and other information from roof tile manufacturers I now know that they are NOT RECOMMENDED by slate tile manufacturers and that jet washing your roof to remove moss, lichen etc could reduce the life of your roof tiles.

Freddy973

Apr 19, 2016
Glasgow
Just an update on this, Thermal Coatings Ltd. This former company is now known as Coatings Made Simple coatingsmadesimple.co.uk They are still the same directors. When this business folded theyw ere still buying from suppliers a few days before this happened. Staff were left unpaid as well as suppliers. They now have started up again in business. So if you enter into a contract with this company be wary. Do not expect any long term guarantee of work. This is a Glasgow and Lanarkshire operating business. All of the above is true.