Argos - Battlefield 3 Game Return

BongersForever

Oct 29, 2011
I just bought the new xbox360 game for my son, on the day it was launched: 28/10/2011 from Argos, they said the 30 day money back guarantee was not valid for Games, the game is only 12hrs old and ive tried everything to get online with the two discs it came with, but to no avail. What rights do i have to have the game replaced by them as i dont want my money back just the game. As me and my son have been waiting all year for it to come out, and im not spending 40 quid for something that dosnt work. Please Help.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hello there,
I used to work for Argos - so bonus :)

The 30 day money back guarantee is not valid on games / software / ipods etc due to their nature - you could use and then take back..
Therefore the 30 day money back guarantee is only valid providing that the seal and plastic wrapping is still intact, which yours will not be as you've said..

However you are not returning the game based on the money back guarantee ... the guarantee works the same way (for example) a pair of shoes would - where if you dont wear them, you can take back... if you dont open the game, you can take back...
You are returning the game based on it not working.

You can return the game based on this principle as it is faulty.. just pop along to a store and take it back, explain the situation and ask for an exchange, and its as simple as that... the employee will then slap on a lovely yellow faulty goods sticker on it, and thats that done.

Hope this has been of help...

Just a note though - if the employee is a bit iffy about doing this, speak to the manager, or customer service manager, even the stock manager if need be... the managers will be fine about it... employees are told not to refund/exchange such products you see..

:)

Covert_Recon

Aug 30, 2012
An old thread, I know, but troubles with accessing the online portion of that game are not a reflection on the discs. They weren't 'faulty', it was about EA's implemention of the multiplayer's servers.

Troubles with getting online with new games is common. Often takes 2 weeks to iron out the glitches and get a smooth MP experience, and that can include not being able to get an online game in the first day as well.

Everyone else knows what to do - you wait out the online issues by playing the single player campaign, rather than taking the game back.