Headphone Query/Durability

Flufball

Oct 31, 2011
Hello, I've a query regarding the information provided on the durability section of the 'How long it should last' page of this website and a pair of Corsair Vengeance 1100 headphones that have recently broken.

A bit of background information on the situation: On the 17th of this month (at time of writing this, October otherwise), I ordered a pair of said Corsair Vengeance 1100 headphones. On the 27th of October, the plastic behind the head band that keeps the headphones in place snapped rendering the headset unsuable.

Specifically, the band snapped whilst removing the headset from my head. This was using what I can only describe as a minimal amount of force, other than this no external pressure was applied (i.e. I simply removed them from my head with my hands, I didn't use a spanner or some other implausible insanity like that) and was during a period of light usage totaling around about seven hours of use over a period of no more than ten days.

My question is simple: Is the information regarding durabiltiy appropriate to this situation? I ask beacuse having contacted the shop in question, I have recieved a short email telling me that physical damage renders the warranty void.

If this is genuinely the case, so be it, if it's something that has to be written off as simply wear and tear then I have to say that it is of very poor quality.

However, I find it rather odd that a set of headphones should break in under a fortnight with absolute minimal usage during a function that they were designed for. At least, I hope they had the process of removing them from a head as part of the design.

I'm further confused by the fact that when I vist the manufacturers own forum, I can find evidence that other people are having the exact same problem and that the manufacturer is quite willing to deal with the case as genuine. (For example: 'forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=99938' and 'forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=99547' - and I apologise for not posting a full link here, but the forum says I can't).

Am I looking at this wrong here, or do I have grounds to be unhappy? If so, should I be contacting Corsair instead? They seem quite willing to offer replacements, but I was under the impression that I should be dealing with the original seller?

Regardless, I appricate any help and/or advice that anyone can offer.