Nightmare with Dean Street Motors

BeckyBP

Nov 3, 2011
I want to find out if anyone has had a bad experience with a car dealership in Kilmarnock called Dean Street Motors - the guy in charge is Robert Wyper.

I want to find out anything I can because it looks like they've gone into liquidation and I'm really worried about a car a friend bought from them. PLease get in touch if you know anything about him, the company or if you've been ripped off too.

Thanks

MRob

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

My sister bought a car from Dean Street Cars. It broke down within half an hour of picking the vehicle up from Robert Wyper.

The car was returned to the dealership and she requesred a refund which Robert Wyper refused.

My sister got the car independently inspected and it had various serious issues. The MOT having been done the day before she took reciept of the car.

We wrote to Robert Wyper rejecting the car under the sale of Goods Act and informed VOSA concerning the MOT. VOSa inspected the car in the premises of ACE MOT's in West Lanland Street Kilmarnock who was instructed by Dean Street Cars to do the MOT and found the car dangerous and not fit to be on the road.

We also visited East Ayrshire Trading Standards. They advised writting to him again! Not the most helpful to be honest...

We also visited Kilmarnock Police Office to make a complaint, as it is an offence to sell a car that is dangerous under the Road Traffice Act 1988 and it took over an hour of arguing with the desk sargent to get them to act on this....

We also have a case in the small claims court pending for mid-December. Even though the company has gone into liquidation.

Disturbingly.... Robert Wyper has been doing this for 20 years in Kilmarnock....East Ayrshire Trading Standards produced a report on his business activities and sent it to the Poice but could not give any information on what happened with this as no follow up was made by East Ayrshire Council.... Disturbingly, it is East Ayrshire Council that keeps licensing his/ or businesses he is associated in to trade in Kilmarnock with no visual or apparent concern for the public.

If you wish to contact me on your experience please get in touch as we are going to continue to follow our complaints against Dean Street Cars and Robert Wypers various other guises aswell as we want to answers as to why East Ayrshire Council (Trading Standards/Business Licensing) seem and appear to be complacent on stopping this man from ripping people off!

Regards

MRob

Dec 1, 2011
Hi Becky

i have not recieved your message. It may not have sent as terms and conditions of this forum only allow private messaging once a set amount of post have been made (I think this may be five posts).

Please try resending or post on the forum.

Regards

Mark

BeckyBP

Nov 3, 2011
How annoying! OK well here is my contact -->

mauriceb1979 (at) gmail (dot) com

Get in touch..

roland

Jul 10, 2013
this guy is on cowboy traders right now, im watching it on bbc,
the guy is obviously a crook. for some reason the message has to be 100 characters. so pooballs to you mr wiper

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
this guy is on cowboy traders right now, im watching it on bbc,
the guy is obviously a crook. for some reason the message has to be 100 characters. so pooballs to you mr wiper
Thank you for your input here. We have a 100 character minimum for posts in order to prevent people spamming the forums,
Thank you
Alewis

T.C

Jan 5, 2011
Sorry, did not realise that so many had responded with the same answer as I was about to post. Deleted to avoid repetition.