Orange data charges

DaveC9643

Nov 3, 2011
I am new Orange customer and currently on a small business plan with a monthly 750 mb data allowance and a month contract tariff of £30. Today I have had £997 bank account debited from my bank account. This is my first bill and when i queried the extremely large amount, orange explained that it was for data charges over and above my plan. Orange explained that the data had definitely been used and that they could not provide a break down of how the charges had been occurred. I have not taken my phone abroad and whilst i have apps and use the internet occasionally, I genuinely feel that i could not have used the data that orange are saying that i have. I would like to know where i stand with my rights re this amount, can i contest their figures ?and how can be sure that i will not incur costs that i do not know about in the future. I have a iPhone 4, i have now reset the phone and deactivated all my internet settings to prevent my costs continuing. Can somebody advise on my next move please re Orange?

Many thanks

Dave

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
DaveC9643

Because of the excessive amount Orange are obliged to show you how it accrued. If they cannot I would tell them you want a refund. If they will not do this ask them for their complaints proceudre and then follow it up. There is also an ombudsman I believe for mobile phones who I would also check out.

seedling

Nov 11, 2011
i also have an iphone 4 on a iphone 35 contract with 750mb dataplan i used mine abroad with what i was lead to believe an international internet data package but orange screwed up also lots of call charges as i was abroad and was told they were free, i know this is slightly different but i managed to get through to an advisor who helped me recover all these charges so good luck hope u get it sorted

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Another thing to note is that they must send you a bill before they debit your account (either by post or online depending on your contract), did they do this or simply take the payment?

If they didn't its another item to add to your complaint which will be in breach of your contract......and contracts work both ways