Virgin media 3dondemad not working

danmckenzie

Nov 4, 2011
In september virgin media sent a firmware update to all there setbox boxes. This has now caused their 3d ondemand service to stop working i reported the problem on 21/09/2011 and had an engineer out 24/10/2011 who confirmed that it was a problem at virgins end nothing to do with my equipment and they would look into it.Since then i have asked and asked on Virgins support forum for any updates and have recieved the same answer over and over " that they are investigsting i it and will get back to me" then last night they admitted they had only been looking into my problem since 29/10/2011.
I am just wondering what my rights are in regards to me not getting the service i am paying for due to their errors?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,

does this service carry an additional cost?
example: virgin media tv - £20 pm , virgin media + this extra service - £25 pm ?

Sorry im not a virgin media customer therefore do not know about their pricing..

If you do pay additional money for this service, you are entitled for a refund on the service based upon how long you have been left without it.
for example , left without the £5 service for 20 days,
you would be entitled to a refund of £3.23

Work this out as follows: ( 5 [service cost] / 31 [days in month] ) * 20 [days without service] .

Hope this helps