Hi to one & all

DeadScroll

Nov 18, 2008
I hope someone can help with this little problem, I've just purchased a new suite of furniture & had it delivered. Stupid idiot that I am, I just presumed that it would fit in my living room. But!!!! the sofa is longer than I thought. The company want me to go & pick another one at the same price or higher. I'm happy with that arrangement but only if I pay the same price, I stretched my budget to purchase it. I know the fault lies with me. I'm just a bit concerned about where I stand if I can't find a suitable replacement. Has anyone any thoughts on where I stand?

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Firstly hello and welcome!

Surely if you can't get the new sofa in your front room, then you can stand anywhere you like? ;-) Sorry... that did amuse me!

Seriously, I think because the fault is your own... Then I think you don't really have any chance of getting the company to give you a more expensive suite at the same price as you paid for the original. I'm sure some of the other posters on here who have greater knowledge in this area will give you guidance. To my mind however, it isn't the best business practice to compensate people because of their own mistakes. I think you'll probably have to either choose one of the same cost, or pay the extra.

Now if they had advertised the sofa as fitting your front room, and when it turned up it was longer... then I think you'd have a chance of sorting something out.

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
Hello and welcome!

I have to agree with Jorumian but I must say you are not the only one! I bought a sofa and it wasn't until we were trying to angle it from the hall to my living room that we found it did not fit! Thus, we changed our bedroom to the living room and living room to bedroom!:eek: