Problem with a dealership

BettyFlo

Nov 17, 2011
Hello all!

I have a bit of a problem, I hope you can help.

I recently went to a local dealership to look at PX my vehicle and taking a finance agreement with them.

I was told the price of the car was £6000 plus £100 admin fee and £500 to put it through the workshop. I was offered £2700 for mine (and they would settle the O/S) and told that if the vehicle came in at less than £500 through the workshop, they would take this off the price.

On this basis, I was very happy to proceed and so asked them to find a finance company for me. They did this and contacted me to advise that it would be £180 p/m. They then called back and said in fact it would be £229 p/m over 42 months. I agreed to this, having done some sums.

I got a call this morning to advise me than in fact the costs would be £247 a month because they had missed approximately £500 off the invoice price. I questioned this as I had been told the vehicle was priced as set out above and was told "there isn't much we can do". All they could tell me was that if I paid £350 up front, it would reduce the monthly payment to £235.

They have reduced the warranty to 6 months instead of a year and told me that the vehicle went through the workshop at less than £500 - so approx £200 has been taken off aswell.

I don't think this is at all right, I was clearly told by both the finance manager AND sales manager that the price would be £6600, less anything through the W/S so I make it to be £6400 + warranty.

I think they should swallow the cost of the additional £500 because they have told me wrong from the start.

PLEASE HELP!