Exchanged cars with private seller and want refund (swap again)

Arni

Nov 19, 2011
Hello if anyone can help me please comment under my post. Here is the full story.

I bought a car (by saying bought I mean we swap cars she has my vectra I have her Mazda) it was on 12th September this year. We came home and were using it only in town for going to work and shopping after almost 3 weeks (1st Oct) I was driving and suddenly on the motorway the car slowed down there was no power and we had to go back home (barely get back safely). I fixed it but the mechanic said it's something more serious and it can come back after month or more. Now 2 weeks ago it started again there is bad smell inside a car when I drive it and the oil lovel is rising. I exchanged oil at Kwik Fit and I have proof for it as for earlier repairs too. I checked oil level yesterday and it's rising again. Meanwhile I found out that the car has Cat D which i wasn't told when buying it. I asked if the car was in accident and if it's good cond and no problems with it she said it's great car but she doesn't need so big any more. Did she lied as it was bad condition and she wanted get rid of it I don't know I know she has good cond car now and I don't. I am afraid to drive it now and don't have money to fix it all the time, don't have money to buy another car also.
I contacted her by phone that there is something wrong with the car and I want my car back, she replied she's not a dealer and doesn't give warranty. I've send her txt message stating what's wrong with the car and how much money I've put in it till now as she said she had to fix vectra also and doesn't want to exchange again as Mazda was good cond.
To cut it now I said that if she will not agree i will go to the solicitor/court and let's say she said I have to try as she will not take the car back.

Here is my question: Do I have any chances to win this? Did anyone of you dealed with similar problem?
It's really not important if I'll put more and more money into that car or give it to solicitor/court fees.

One more thing I have all receipts for fixing and witnesses what cond was the car when I've bought it and when it was broken (both mechanics)

Thanks for any help