Samsung Galaxy S2 + Orange

AliamH

Nov 22, 2011
Hi there

Ok, so iv never done this, iv always been the "oh well, i dont want to cause any fuss" kind of person. But im a little bit upset with the situation im in.

I took an upgrade with orange, from an iPhone 3gs and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2, which by the way is a cracking phone. Because it was the end of my contract i had a bit to pay towards it but that was expected.

I have the phone, its been 27 days and the paint is wearing away on the earpiece... its a mesh type material and its meant to be black. As its fading its half grey (metal) and half black. As its a black phone this means the phone now looks... tacky and really dissapointing.

I contacted Orange, i explained what happened and they offered an exchange for a refurbished model. I wasnt too happy with that response so because i had some billing problems aswell (for another day) i said can i cancel, i dont want any more hassle. My arguement is that if iv had the phone only 27 days and its wearing already, im almost certain the next one will aswell!

Anyway, they would only offer the exchange for a refurb end of. So anyone got any idea if this is right?

Which by the way if it is... i will just do the exchange and be done with it but if not... then i will try myself for a new one or a cancellation.

If anything is unclear in the post, please just ask im not normally good with explanations.

Ash

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
Firstly, you are out of your fourteen day cooling off period - and that's only if you've done the contract on the phone or online.

Orange don't HAVE to give you a new phone just because you're unhappy with cosmetic damage. Personally I wouldn't be happy taking a refurbished model either just because my speaker paint is wearing off, but looking at it from the point of view of Orange, your phone is working and cosmetic damage is part and parcel of life.

Another thing is, how is this paint wearing off? I also have a GS2 and my paint is still on there after a year. Are you the active type, or do you just have rough pockets? Get a case if you're not happy with the potential for more cosmetic loss. I'd recommend a case anyway.

Your phone still works. It might look a bit tatty, but if in a year all that's wrong with it is a bit of flaky paint in a tiny part of the phone, trade it in for whatever model Samsung release in 2013 and forget about your problems.