Trip Advisor

Nov 23, 2011
Trip Advisor is used by millions but is easily abused by vindictive posters. Recently a hotel which had a dispute with an advertising supplier was threatened with - and received a terrible review; all because the advertising company didn't like being criticised for poor work. It was a devil of a job to get that put right with Trip Advisor.

Nov 23, 2011
An interesting piece on radio yesterday said to check the posting history of reviwers just as much as the actual review of a place.
That sounded quite useful.

stormy1

Nov 24, 2011
Trip advisor is a good way for individuals to check tarvel and accommodation etc., I have used it for years and posted many reviews fairly. To date it has proved a true representaation. Of course there will be some abuse but I believe minimal but using common sense when reading reviews helps The leisure and hotel industry has kicked up the biggest fuss because their advertising has often been proved to be false. Long may trip advisor remain.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
I go with stormy1. I have used it many times and decided where to stay or not and it has generally been fairly accurate. But you have to take a step back and use a bit of common. Some of the compliants are ridiculous and you have to also look at the person making the posting!:rolleyes: