is this a scam?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

owlla

Nov 26, 2011
Amanda Morris from centrepad called me in response to an application I made to become a private tutor. I was told there is a setup fee of £125 and £50 a month for the tenancy I decided to go ahead after she claimed centrepad currently work with many schools and had hundreds of students. To my surprise £395 was taken from my account. I rang Amanda Morris who said she made a mistake and she will give me a refund of £270 so I continued. I quickly pulled out because I realised that there was probably no more than 5 students on the centrepad website and I believe it’s the actual centrepad employees in the classrooms. I knew by the questions they were asking. No one ever signed up for paid lessons which surprised me because Amanda Morris told me there was a demand for my subject. Centrepad is all a big con I feel very stupid for allowing myself to be ripped off like this. I’m a qualified teacher and I should know better. Of course I will never get my money back but I hope that someone could read this and avoid becoming a victim of centrepad.

Last edited:

Feb 2, 2012
CentrePAD have been very good to me!

Im sorry that you have had this experience Owalla. I am a new teacher with with CentrePAD and my experience with them is completely the opposite. Firstly i have been given tenancy without cost for 3 months and I was told that it was becasue they are newly lauching certain courses so actually there might not be so many students. This made complete sense to me and since i have been with them, they have not only supported us (fully qualified teachers) in creating courses for our classes, but fill our staff meetings with intersting case studies, new and intersting methods of interaction and are all round lovely. They were very honest with us that they were new.

p.s from what you were saying, it looks like it was a genuine mistake with the money and that you got it back. Seriously, I would give them another chance. I'm my own boss in class and have some serious support from these guys. Ive been working for almost 8 years in mainstram schools and have never been happier than i am now. It frustrates me that there are not enough places to post positive reviews, it seems like there are only people and places to post negative stuff on the net.

Feb 2, 2012
and i think another point to mention is that I believe it was an Amanda that actually signed me up too! She was lovely! From my dealings with them over the last couple month, i reckon it was an honest mistake.