iPhone Battery replacement

dowiewales

Dec 2, 2011
I recently had a replacement battery installed in my iPhone 3GS. The battery is now fine but the phone keeps restarting every five minutes or so. THis means that I cannot reinstall the software or do anything with it. The shop (not Apple) says it is not their problem as they replaced the battery as per contract and that I have caused the damage.
The phone worked perfectly well before the repair and I have done nothing to damage it.
I have spoken the the owner and put my complaint in writing but have had no response. Any idea what I should do next?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hello,
You said 'the shop (not apple)' , did you check before hand that the shop is a registered repairer of Apple? As if not, Apple cannot touch you phone , if however it is.
You can complain to Apple regarding the workmanship of the shop, as after all, Apple has said that the shop can repair. And apple will probably sort out the phone for you.

Other than the above, await reply from the shop, of there is no reply in 14 days from the time you sent the letter, get in touch with your local Trading Standards, they might try on your behalf, or they'll give you next steps to follow - ie a report, small claims procedure etc.

You also need to check your contract or re-think the agreement with the shop
Hope this helps