Grundig TV same fault again

rosieposie

Dec 3, 2011
I purchase my daughter a Grundig 19" HD ready digital tv from Argos at the end of October 2010. In March 2011 we had to return it to Argos as the picture was drained of colour. They sent it to their repair centre and it as sent back working ok but with a letter to say that they could not replicate the fault. Do not know why as it was there 100%. They had updated the software and given it a full functional test. The same thing has happened again and we are just out of guarantee. Where do I stand on this? If I take it back to Argos and it is "repaired" again then the same thing may happen in another six months. I also do not want to pay for any repair that will not work in six months. As it is exactly the same fault what should I be saying to Argos.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
rosieposie

A guarantee is a retailers/manufacturers offer of to put right a defective product within the specified guarantee period without you having to prove anything.

This does not effect your statutory rights. You can still claim under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 even if outside the guarantee period. If the product is not of satisfactory quality/fit for purpose the retailer has to either repair or replace the product.

You cannot reject the tv at this point because you have owned it too long.

The tv should last a reasonable amount of time and reasonable is determined by price, amongst other things. I would say that any tv should last more than 12 months. You should contact Argos again explaining the problem and ask them to repair or replace it free of charge.

Remember you have six years to make a claim not 12 months.

Lucas74Jones

Jan 17, 2022
Digital technologies are essential. By the way, I want to expand my own business and in order to achieve this desire I'd like to know more about digital signage software. My friend told me that it's quite helpful. I will be glad for getting some recommendations.

Aron Brayn

Jan 17, 2022
Digital technologies are essential. By the way, I want to expand my own business and in order to achieve this desire I'd like to know more about digital signage software. My friend told me that it's quite helpful. I will be glad for getting some recommendations.
When I ordered digital signage for my office, I went through a lot of companies, but I couldn't find the right one for me until my friend told me about this site https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/kitcastt on Kitcast on crunchbase. Who helped me find a good company that was able to fulfill my order and did it very efficiently.