My rights after massive price drop on blackberry playbook

Kentishlass

Dec 26, 2011
Dear all, I bought a blackberry playbook 16gb for my daughter at the end of nov for Christmas for 249 from pcworld. Low and behold on Xmas eve the reduce it to 169! 90 drop! More disappointed that the piece of kit is not worth what I thought rather than the money aspect. Do I have any rights to try and get the shortfall in price back? Pcworld are offering refunds on items bought from 23rd oct until Christmas until 23rd January. My daughter has opened her gift..toyed with the idea of buying another at the lower price and returning it on the earlier receipt. Is this possible? Also a complaint to blackberry that their playbooks obviously were never worth 399 as advertised originally, bought for 249 and now 169 in a matter of months?? Help please :) tasha

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi. It has happened to us all. Remember shops don't have to give a refund when you change your mind with over-the-counter sales - it's on THEIR terms. I know M&S would only refund you the new price!

As for Blackberry they are in big trouble with their messaging outage, the Playbook flop, and the rise of IPad/iPhone... I don't think complaining will do much good...

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
Firstly complaining to blackberry regarding the pricing is pointless, retailers and distributors can sell goods for whatever price they wish .. Example- designer clothes, a t-shirt is still a t-shirt regardless of a label inside, so why can they charge £250 instead of a normal £20?
So yeah, it's down to what they want regarding pricing.

As for your rights, you have none as the law states that goods must be either faulty, mis described or not fit for purpose. Which in your case is neither. You simply want to change it as the price has dropped.

Goods are sometimes refunded with a good will policy by stores at their own discretion by all means, try, but you have no legal right for the refund