Help!! Ps3 problems!

harrison

Dec 26, 2011
Hello, I am new here an am not to sure on thins but I need help with what to do with my ps3, I purchased my playstation back when it first came out in April 2007, I had 4 years of happy playing on it when to my shock it developed the "yellow light of death" where the console turns its self of with a short yellow light flash then a flashing red light and will not work again, every time you ty and turn on the console you get this light sequence, so I call Sony's playstation helpline where I was told it was a problem that can't be fixed by me myself and I would need a new/replacement console, being out of warranty I was offered to pay £130 for a replacement console, which I paid without question as I had many years of gaming out of it. I recieved my replacement console, and started using it unfortunatley having lost all my game save of 4 years gaming. After about 3 weeks the same yellow light of death, contacted Sony replacement. 2 weeks later yellow light of death replacement. Again couple of weeks later replacement I am now on this console and the problem has re-aroused. I am offered another replacement but to me it's obvious the problem is going to happens again after a few weeks. Sony insist I have just been unlucky but I know the same problem has happened with people I have talked to on the Internet and its a problem with the consoles. All together with the original cost of the console I have payed around £600 for the console and would expect it to last longer than this. What can I do? Sony refuse to replace my console with the new slimmer model that doesn't have this problem and I would personally be happy with a refund of the £130 I payed to have this issue sorted. Which it has clearly not been. Any help would be much appreciated.
Harrison.