TV not fit for use

elabal

Jan 2, 2012
Looking for some help here!

Bought a tv from argos around 4 months ago! I'm quite clueless when it comes to technology but my brother told me what connectivity i needed for my new tv so that all the other gadgets i.e. (ps3, telewest box, orbit soundbar) would connect no problem at all. My problem is the tv spec stated that it has an optical connection. Had my brother over visiting during xmas to set everything up for me & now i find it has no optical connection! So i feel rendering the TV not fit for purpose. Argos say they are sorry for the inconvenience caused, is there anything i can do? The Tv is quite useless to me, everytime i want to play the ps3 or wii, i have to pull the tv out and change the connections as i cant get their sound to come through the soundbar without doing this as their is no optical connection as stated on their website!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Shoot from the hip

Dec 19, 2011
Hi Elabal,

So when you spoke to Argos did they confirm the advert error as you explain it to be? You say they said sorry for the inconvenience, please elaborate?

Any how in the worse case scenario I'm sure you would probably be able to get different leads such as hdmi for your PS3 which does audio and video. Maybe look into it as I don't have knowledge of such devices

What is confusing is you say you need optical connection on TV to connect your devices and that the tv was supplied without one although you are able to connect devices but only one at a time which suggests you must have one connection??

Bit like the blind leading the blind?