ho to get out of a contract

teoni

Jan 11, 2012
i entered a new contract with vrigin in november 2011, it was over the phone and i did not sign anything, ican now get my broadband and line rental cheaper with 02, but when i contacted vrigin today they say if i want to leave them i have to pay a pentalty fee of over £100, is this right as i didnt sign anything, they are saying it was a verbal agreement can anyone shed any light on to this

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hello,
Virgin are correct here, a signature is no longer 100% required, as contracts can be made over the phone and online.
Is there anything actually wrong with the service? Or is it simply that it can be found cheaper elsewhere?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You have entered into a contract with them and you will have to pay the penalty to terminate unless they have broken the terms of the contract in any way, which they don't appear to have done.

It is possible to end a contract taken out online but it must be within 7 days and you are outside of that period.

You need to look at if you could save more than the £100 by going elsewhere, you may also want to compare the contracts carefully to ensure you will be getting the same value for money at a lower cost.

teoni

Jan 11, 2012
no theres nothing wrong with the supply its just that i can get it cheaper so it looks like i will have to use this one till my contract runs out