O2 top-up voucher not accepted

Irybeth

Jan 12, 2012
Hi

My neighbour purchased a £15 O2 top-up voucher from a local store through a PP point. The receipt show payment success, yet we are unable to activate the credit on the phone. He went back to the shop who told them there is nothing they can do the receipt shows it was successful. We contact O2 and they tried to activate it without success either and then added they can see that the purchased 'failed'. O2 said I should return to the store and tell them I had contacted O2 and that they informed me the payment had failed!

I stated at that point that I didn't think the store would believe me and asked if they could send a print out of the information they said they were viewing saying it had failed! I was told that was not possible. I asked if they could send a letter out to show it had failed so we could take it to the store they didn't respond. In the end it was suggested we return to the store and ask them to contact O2 customer service so they can tell them it had indeed failed.

I took a copy of all the live chat and printed it out and took it to the store. The manager response was
'get O2 customer service to contact me and I will talk to them. PP has already taken the money from my store!'

Can you tell me what my options are now please? I think I am right in saying it is the shop that is at fault as they have sold something that doesn't work and should therefore replace it.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I can understand the problem the shop has as they are only an agent for PP and will have exactly the same problem as you trying to get a refund, however they did sell you the top-up so it's failure is their responsibility.