comet bad customer services

toneloce

Jan 12, 2012
hi,
i bought a samsung led tv from comets on the 26th december 2011.today i decided to return it within my 28 days return.becuase the tv has clouding on the screen,and backlight bleed.
when i got to the store a sales assistant told me if returning after 3 days and faulty you cannot return and need to call out a engineer to get a report that the tv is faulty os has what you say is wrong with it?
so i told him this model of tv suffers from backlight bleed and im not happy with it,he would neither refund me nor exchange for a more expensive model i reserved online.he said an engineer needs to look at it to assess the problem or something,i then told him its withing 28 days im returning it,apparently if i had just said i dont want it i coudnt get an exchange becuase ive used it.
but how am i to know theres problems with the dcreen untill ive used it for a few days.
is there anything i can do becuse samsung have told me its normal for my model tv to have backlight bleed?and if i was to ask for an engineer he would only say same thing right.
what can i do to get refund or exchange with comet,im not very happy with them at all samsung and comet

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The Comet 28-day returns policy seems to apply only if you haven't used the product (though why you would want to buy something to not use it is beyond me)

If these problems are inherrant in this model of TV, theres not a lot you can do, assuming you had the chance to see the TV working before purchase and weren't told anything else by the salesman, i.e. that it would look better in your home?