Online order of "In stock" items now delayed

Upknitcreek

Jan 14, 2012
I wonder if anyone can advise me on this problem.
I ordered a new dining table online on 2nd January, it was shown as In Stock with free delivery at a mutually convenient time. In the description, it said that as the item was held at a different warehouse, it could take up to 3 weeks for delivery.
I then got an email saying that it was out of stock, with an estimate of 6 - 8 weeks delivery time. I phoned up to query this and was told to ignore the email as it was just a standard response.
It is now 2 weeks since I ordered and have not heard anything new from the company, so I tracked the order online, where it is shown as being out of stock and delivery(to them) is estimated at 28th January.
I paid upfront by Paypal.
Do I have the right to cancel this order?
I feel that I have been mis-informed about the delivery status of this table right from the beginning, and am not hopeful that I will ever actually receive it.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
So you were notified 'up to 3 weeks', and forget the automated email regarding 6-8 weeks..
It has so far been 2 weeks.
Therefore as it stands, you've not allowed for the 'up to 3 week' timeframe.
You will need to wait 3 weeks before any action can be taken, as so far there is no problem (if you ignore the 6-8 email).
Let us know in a weeks time if it arrives or not.

Upknitcreek

Jan 14, 2012
The table in question is still showing as "in stock" on the website, so I phoned to try and find accurate information.
The person I spoke to said that they expect to receive new supplies on 21st January; she will keep me informed and organise delivery at the earliest opportunity.
I just feel very uneasy that every bit of information I've received seems to conflict with what is published on the web.
Keeping my fingers crossed, though...

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
I really wouldn't fret until the 3 weeks is up, for all you know, you could've bought the last one in stock.
If delivery occurs after 3 weeks, you can get your delivery charge refunded as breach of contract.