No Tax Disc supplied

Bernardp

Jan 28, 2012
I bought a car yesterday advertised via autotrader from a dealer Moses Gate Motors, Worsley Rd, Bolton.
I did not check that the car had a valid tax disc. The vehicle was collected as agreed once the money changed hand. The car was allowed to be driven off the lot without a valid tax disc. Once I realized the car had no disc, I contacted the owner Mr Scott Lane at the dealership via text message. He replied abruptly, the car was not advertised with a tax disc. I replied that I was disappointed the car was allowed off his lot without a valid disc and I would consider making a comment about his business online, to which he replied IDIOT! I replied, good luck with his business, you probably will need it. He replied .. I make 4 grand a week cheers.
Well I never .... for some one to be so flippant and rude after paying him over £ 2000 of my hard earned money and now not being able to use the vehicle until it is taxed is a disgrace. Not behaviour expected from a car dealer. Buyers be warned. Maybe, I should be great full the bumper has not fallen off yet.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It isn't a problem that he sold you a car with no tax if it wasn't advertised with road tax but it is usual practice for car dealers to offer to tax the car (at your cost) before you leave the premises with it, we had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, the dealer wanted the tax plus an extra £25 admin fee which we declined, we then had no end of trouble taxing it before we took it home because, even tho the insurance cover note was e-mailed, we couldn't find anywhere to get it printed off and we couldn't tax it without proof of insurance.