dangerious plumber/ boiler installer

menal

Jan 30, 2012
west mids uk
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I USED A PLUMBER KNOWN AS NORMUNDS AIZPURVS and Andis lankovskis from kingstanding

they both trade under the names of EE builders PSI plumbers and Normunds ( may be others too)

he fitted a new combi boiler that was left in a very dangerous condition and i would like to warn all users of his plunbing services to be very awere of how dangerous his workmanship can be

just before christmas 2011 i decided to have my shower room refitted with a bath and over showerinstead of just a shower cubicle
i found a contractor and although he provided me with references but made an an excuse about his quilifactions

origanily the contractor was employed to refit my bath room which was done to a reasonable standard with a few faults that i wasn't happy with but were minor and i could live with however i was also persuaded to have a new combi boiled fitted that would as i wasa told improve the shower performance and enhance the looks of the bath room
the issues with the bath room were the joints on the tile seals were sub standard and the toilet cistern was not secured to the wall the ceiling was painted but not fuly to the edge of one wall even though 5 liters were supplied to cover an area of 6 foot by 8 foot
the contractor litterally ripped the old boiler and tank out with vigor and when he had connected the boiler failed to cap a pipe causing water to come through my living room damageing the living room ceiling which he said he would repair after he had sorted the boiler
when the new boiler was fitter it was not commissioned and he just turned on all the taps and then found the hot water would not switch off
after replacing the flow valve he was found to have taken the controler off the boiler and started to take it apart which gave me concerns at this point

i was left with a brand new boiler which had no control over tempreture of the boiler either for heating or domistic water
the warranttee for the boiler was invallid becausae it was not commissioned by a gas safe or quillified or a registered installed (a major mistake on my behalf) also one raditior was not working at all ( all were working correctly before) the boiler has been condemed and the contractor has refused to ansawere and calls either by phone ,e-mail or text
i had to call in a quillified boiler engineer (he showed all relivant paper work which was checked and varified)to check out the boiled because i had breathing and resporory problems
it was found by the engineer that the fumes from the boiler was the most probable cause and condemed the boiler
other faults were a 13 amp fuse instead of a 5 amp was fitted
boiler not correctly earthed
gas pipe incorect size
condension pipe incorrect size and no insulation on out side of the pipe which would freeze up in adverse conditions
room thermostat not fitted
exaust vent not sealed to standard

i would really like to inform any one that uses their services of how dangerous these people can be

for further information i will only be to happy to supply proof as i dont want any one else to fall for his charms and put them selves in danger

i do hope that you will take notice of this information and make it a warning to others to check that all quiifactions and recomdendations are reliable and true

please reply if you are thinking of useing this persons services or if you have used his services wether satisfied with his work or not
I certainly wouldnt recommend him
And dont trust his TRUST a trader PROFILE its fake

many thanks for reading and hope you havent been caught out the same as me

thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post, we're always grateful where dangerous paractices are being carried out.

To ensure this is stopped, I would suggest you ring the Health & Safety Executive, as well as Trading Standards. It would laso be worth mentioning to Gas Safe.

It is an offence to work on gas installations without being Gas Safe Registered so well worth following up.

notsure

Feb 4, 2012
Heatline boiler problem 5 weeks. Is this right or am I being had?

I have a heatline boiler which is 7 years old that stopped working at Xmas. It wasn't the pressure which sometimes drop, the message was about ionisation. The technician fixed it quickly but then the same happened the following day. 5 weeks later and numerous visits but it's still not fixed. The technician said that in order to fault find accurately he has to go through a process of elimination because the fault is intermittent. It seems to fire but something is stopping it working all the time. He started with one thing, then a universal pressure switch, then thought it was the PCB which was replaced last year and finally settled on needing a new fan because he doesn’t think air is getting to it. Heatline sent the wrong one so he is getting the right one but warned me that that still may not be it, it could be a spider caught in the flue which he can’t get to it although he thinks it is the fan. I know it is difficult to say without knowing the boiler but does it sound right to take over 5 weeks and go through all this to fix it? He says this is the cheapest route and he won’t charge me for every visit but he has been at least 10 times. I have a tenant in the property and it is causing me big headaches. I don’t know if he is genuine or stringing it out to get more money as lots of other problems with the flat have come up at the same time. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks