interesting situation

bccscotland

Jan 30, 2012
2 years ago I purchased some Ironmongery from a supplier and paid in full in advance to receive a discount. On delivery it was found to be faulty and not to specification. The supplier took it back and some 6 months later sent replacement. This in turn was not fit for purpose and after 18 months further the supplier has sent a cheque to me for the full ammount but has not indicated to me what is to happen to the items i have. Whos responsibility are they and do I have the right to dispose of them as i see fit. I appreciate the clever answer is to ask the supplier but I have a feeling that there is a trick somewhere that i am missing as to date the supplier has been anything but helpful and normally abusive. Is there any relevancy that this is the 2 year anniversary of the initial delivery.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If they want them back it should be at their expense not yours so you are under no obligation to send them without instruction from them on how they intend paying for their return (this should also have applied the first time you sent the goods back)

I think they have 12 months to arrange return but perhaps someone could confirm this? after that they become yours, I suspect this will go from the time you agreed the refund - sorry that isn't particularly helpful but I'm not absolutely positive, I think this is what Consumer Direct told me in a similar situation, it may be worth giving them a ring.