Telehealth

jimdt

Feb 6, 2012
I am looking into care for my Dad. Keeping him at home (a bungalow) is of upmost importance to my sisters and I. He suffers from diabetes and had a minor stroke 18 months ago, still alert and with it, but unsteady on his feet and needs a frame to walk. We are fortunate enough to have all 3 children in reasonable proximity so we can see him once a week each at least. We know he will need carers in the morning and evening for dressing and getting in and out of bed, but ideally we would like to keep him at home and comfortable. His local health authority won't pay for any telehealth/telecare system. Does anybody know how much they cost privately? is it an initial cost or monthly or both?

Royhjudd

Feb 13, 2012
I've been looking into telehealth as well following a heart attack I had last year. I think it could be a great way of saving costs and maintaining independence as at 70 I think I'm too young (and energetic!) to go into a care home, but equally I don't want to have to rely upon my family and friends to help me all the time. I didn't know much about telehealth until I started exploring different forums over the past couple of weeks and there is information out there if you know where to look. I've been told by many simply to google 'telehealth' which I didn't actually think of doing - there's a mine of information out there if you look.

Nicole123

Feb 13, 2014
Is life insurance worth it? I really dont want to invest in something that wont count for anything. Someone let me know. Thank you x

Nicole Smith, mother of 3