Mobile Phone Warranty Claim Help - HTC

RiciH83

Feb 6, 2012
Hi.3 months ago i took out a contract with a HTC Sensation XE. I have had no problems with the phone at all until last week. I put the charger in the mini usb port with no more pressure than normal however the charger would not go in. Once i pulled the charger out i noticed that a few of the pins had bent back. As the port casing was not damaged / loose in anyway the only way this could have happened is if the pins had been come loose after 3 months of wear.

I sent the phone into HTC repair to claim against the warranty however they emailed me back saying that not covered under warranty (no explanation) and gave me a link saying i had to pay £150+ for it to be repaired.I rang their very unhelpful customer service whom said the damage was due to physical abuse and not manufacturing fault so not covered and nothing he could do to help. I either pay to fix, pay to return or it will be disposed. As the individual on the other end was not the most fluent in english i felt it best to escalate the complaint by email.

After the sending the complaint i recieved a call from UK Customer relations. He was sticking to the guns that it was from physical abuse i had physicaly put the charger in which damaged it. I then appealed this was not correct as the dominant cause was the loose pins from only 3 months use and the damage putting the charger in was only a result. Ie had the pins not been loose me putting the charger in would not damaged it. Not being an engineer i advised the only i could possibly have managed to physicaly damage it is if i were put it in at an angle and the only way to do this is to also damage the port casing which is in an undamaged state.

Anyhow enough with my ranting but you get the idea of whats going on. The case has been escalated to senior execs or something but basically if this come back and they continue to reject my claim is my best bet to advise my rights have been breached and quote Sale of Goods act 1979 and if so what would be my next steps.

Any advise or similar cases would be helpful.Cheers