barclaycard credit card

zooty1959

Sep 15, 2011
have had a barclaycard credit card for 10+, never had any issues before, husband lost his job last yr, card went into default, limit on card 900 - charges and interest have been added - card now 1700. i have continued to pay minimum payment which makes no difference to the balance which continues to increase. i have contacted barclaycard to advise of above, to the fact the card is null and void and they keep heaping on the charges. I have suggested that the amount outstanding goes to a collection agency but they are not having that. they have informed me they will not add interest to the null and void account for 30 days until i speak to a debt management company. I have already informed Barclaycard that i will not be going down that route and i am now at a stalemate. does anyone have any idea how i resolve this, do i simply stop paying and let it go to a debt collection agency as i dont see a way out of this. thank you for reading

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You may be as well taking this to a debt management charity, such as CCCS or Citizens Advice as a debt management plan should stop interest being added to your card account and all those late payment fees.

Obviously you don't need to go to someone who'll charge you for the service.

Otherwise I can see you getting nowhere with this, it won't get any easier when it goes to a DCA as they need to make more money out of you.