DFS Corner Sofa Issues

Cornersofa

Feb 8, 2012
Can anyone help?

I purchased a sofa from DFS in Christmas sale after researching online dimesnions that would fit my odd shaped lounge. The ideal corner sofa would be a LH sofa but the dimensions meant that the sofa was 2cm too big for the space. I therefore bought a RH sofa which fit but did not look ideal. I purchased the sofa anyway and took 4 years intersted free credit and told that the sofa would be 12 weeks. I took out leather cover protection too.

Today the sofa was delivered and installed by the drivers. I noticed that the connection between the two pieces of the sofa was about 2 inches apart and they stated that that would shrink during time whilst sitting on the cushions and that was normal.

I signed for the sofa and as the drivers were leaving I then noticed that there was a slight tear in the leather in the back of the sofa. The driver phoned the store and they arranged for a repair man to come and mend asap.

The repair man arrived and I complained to him that the tear is about an inch long, the gap is too big and that there is 2 sticky tape marks on the cushions.

He took pictures and said he would inform the manager of the store the issues. He agreed with all of the problems and then stated that he would just quickly clean the cushions of the stickiness and repair the leather tear.

He said that I should call the manager 30 minutes after he had reported the issues.

I phoned the store and the receptionist wouldnt put me through to the manager but stated that he would come and visit and look at my issues and have a chat with me.

This is happening tomorrow but I need advise as I have just measured the sofa and if I had bought the LH style, it would of fit perfect as the internet dimensions state 222 but the sofa is actually 214cm in length.

Putting all this together, I want to tell the manager that I want a new sofa and that I want to change the style from RH to LH.....can I do this?