Tv repair

kellym39

Feb 13, 2012
Hi my 6mth old 42" tv broke down on thursday called tescos electric help line which said they would send service engineer out on monday he has just been and taken tv away for inspection at warehouse they have told me it could be up to 5 days (could be longer ) for repair and return once they have contacted tescos with repair cost i dont know where i stand regaurding guarantee can i ask them for a temp tv untill mine is returned and if they do not give me one can i put a clain in for the sky i pay for which i can not watch with out tv
what are my rights
any help anyone

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
Under the Supply of Goods & Services Act, replacement products can be requested provided that the repair would not be done within a 'reasonable time'.
What a 'reasonable time' is is totally up to you and Tesco to argue over.

As for claiming back the money for Sky:
If it is found to be a manufacturing fault and due to no fault of your own , then yes you can. As it is a detriment to you from no fault of your own, and would not have suffered the loss if it wasn't for the fault.
To make the claim, you'll need to send a letter to Tesco claiming for the money paid for that time. So if £31 a month, and your without it for 7 days, you could claim for £7 ... And so on. This would be claimed due to their breach of contract under the Sale of Goods Act.

Hope this is of use.