Just Joined

pc_plum

Nov 27, 2008
London,UK
Hi all ,

I Have just joined this group in the hope of help fighting the consumers rights against retailers who are ripping us off.:mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Welcome

Hi PC plum, welcome to the forum, good to have some police backup : )

Tony

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Hi PC Plum and welcome!

It wasn't you I saw in the conservatory with the Candlestick was it ?!?

Oh no, that must have been your brother, the professor...

;-)

george redman

Nov 29, 2008
mr george redman

Hi to all, having just joined i will give you all a brief description of me.
I am a 61 year old male, married to linda.
i work in the construction industry, site manager.
i am being frustrated by Phones 4 you. I bought a mobile from the aforementioned at the end of August 08, it keeps losing the charge in the battery. took it back to the retailer they changed the battery. recharged overnight as instructed,battery flat within 4 hours with little or no use,
took it back and they said it would have to be sent away for repair.
they said a week.went back to collect a week later phone not back. they said the next shipment would be back a few days later but would ring me to let me know. no call from them? went back to shop 4 days later phone had been in but no one told me? recharged battery again but the same problem??
took it back to the shop today only to be fobbed off again. please help.
thanks

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi George,

Welcome to the forum. You are protected by the Sale of Goods Act. However, the act is a bit vague about how many times you can give a retailer the opportunity to fix a problem.

Given the nature of your business I am guessing that a mobile phone is vital for your work i.e. the only way of being contacted on site. Therefore, I would demand that they lend you a phone while it is being fixed. There is provision for this under Sale of Goods Act.

Good luck

Tony