Further warning AVOID made.com

adcrossie

Feb 22, 2012
Further warning MADE.COM

Shocking customer service!

We ordered 2 sofas from made.com and the sofas arrived in the country on the 3/2/2012.

The delivery company used only deliver 09:00-15:00 monday to friday so even if things went to plan you would probably have to take a day off work to recieve your furniture.

After re-arranging the delivery of our sofas we were called 24hrs prior to the proposed delivery to confirm the delivery was going ahead. My girlfriend took an afternoon off work especially to recieve the delivery. We were then called again to say that the order stopped.

After calling the delivery company we where told that the order had been cancelled!! we had not cancelled the order and the items are to be returned abroad to the supplier. We have been told that made.com are the only ones who can reverse the cancellation.

We have been trying to contact made.com but they have no phone number! and communication between made.com and the delivery company does not seem to exist!!

the whole consumer experience has been shocking from start to finish.

I would AVOID made.com. Get your furniture somewhere else it is not worth the effort. We have wasted time off work and many hours trying to make contact with delivery company and made.com. And delivery also cost 80.00 quid!! really not happy and would not use again!!!

Adam Cross

keb247

Aug 27, 2012
I recently ordered a Bouji Ottoman from Made.com and would like to contribute my own horror story. I had heard a lot about made.com and was excited to find such a nice Ottoman for my living room. I was also relieved that it was express service. Still I waited quite a while for delivery. I ordered on July 22nd and only had it delivered on August 7th. I had to call the delivery company myself to set a delivery time as they didn't bother getting in touch with me. Then I asked the deliveryman to open the packet and assemble it (like made.com said I should) and he said they don't do that, although he would do it for me. When he opened it, I noticed a clear rip in the lining and said I would not accept delivery and that he should return it and have them send me a replacement. He told me someone from the delivery company would call me. They did not, so I called them and they told me that they would request a replacement from made.com. A week after I heard nothing, I called made.com, who said the delivery company had not been in touch. They were nice enough on the phone and promised to send a replacement promptly. For the second delivery, I couldn't be home, but arranged for someone to receive the order. IT WAS THE SAME DAMAGED ITEM I HAD GIVEN BACK TO THE DELIVERY COMPANY IN THE EXACT SAME PACKAGING WITH MY TAPE SEALING THE BOX. I'm outraged at this poor customer service and have demanded a refund. Hopefully made.com can actually process a refund properly.

Frank01

Banned
Feb 19, 2014
check out

try

www . furniture road . co . uk

quality furniture

Excellent customer services

and has up to 5 showrooms so you can go check before ordering online

benbenjamin

Feb 20, 2014
Hmm.. I was thinking to shop only on made but I wasn't brave enough. I would like to check out that sofas and sit on the and see if there comfortable so I prefer to go to stores!