Used car

Sigma

May 20, 2010
I went to view a car (Four Days ago) at a garage i liked one so i made a small deposit plus £169. road fund.Then i was given an invoice regarding exchange ect ,but i never signed anything.The car to date still at the garage no tax as i have the insureance to tax it.Can i change my mind and not go through with the sale.Is there a cooling off period.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
Sorry but I don't really understand - do you wish to cancel simply as you don't want it anymore ? - ie for personal reasons / decided on another car ? Etc.

Need this information for advice.

Sigma

May 20, 2010
Hi there,
Sorry but I don't really understand - do you wish to cancel simply as you don't want it anymore ? - ie for personal reasons / decided on another car ? Etc.

Need this information for advice.
Change my mind and decided on another car

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Right ok,
Then unfortunately you have no rights to cancel, you only have rights if the car was mis described or some other faults that we're not made present to you at time of contract.
Though you have not signed anything, you still do have a verbal contract and by yourself placing the deposit, you have formally entered the contract.

If the other car is with the same dealer, I don't see why it would be a problem to pick another car, however there is no legal obligation to do so.

Sorry it's not the news you were hoping for.
Adam