New Car Breakdown Extensive time for Repair

amershamjambo

Feb 24, 2012
On 16 December 2011 I took delivery of a new Nissan Qashqai, the car has a new range 1600cc engine. Since that date I have done 3,000 miles. Last week I noticed an oil leak and immediately took it back to the dealer I purchased from. Afeter insection I was initially informed that the part required would be on a 5 week delivery with a day or two to fit and return. I think this is unreasonable and stated this a dealer manager called and informed me that he had given a priority order and in his experience these are normally filled in 5 days.
I also spoke to Nissan cusomer services who did their own investigations and informed me the part would have to be shipped from Japan and that tht would take 15 days.
The dealer manager promised to keep me up to date with progress but has not contacted me since i forund out theat a week repair was unlikely.
I suspect the shipping time quoted has been reduced and the original estimate of 5 week is more likely. For a car that I have only used for 9 weeks this seems excessive.
Can anyone advise on my rights?
:mad:

coppertop31

Feb 4, 2015
We have a 13 plate Nissan Navara Pick-up bought new in 2013 for our local Nissan dealer. On January 7th 2015 it failed to start and after calling the RAC, they started it but said there was a fault that was flattening the battery. He advised us to take it back to the dealership as it was less than 2 years old and the fault should be sorted out under warranty. We left it at the dealership on 7th January 2015 and as there was no courtesy car to give us, we used another family member's car until we were told that a courtesy car was available on Saturday 10th January 2015. We collected this and were told the dealership would find the fault and repair it as soon as possible. Today, we still have the courtesy car (Nissan Micra) and it will be 6th March 2015 before we get a new part, which is a 'wiring loom'. We have been promised a 4 wheel drive courtesy car (my husband is in farming) but this is yet to arrive and Nissan GB say they cannot find one to give us. So here we are managing without a 4 wheel drive for a month and no sign of one coming before our vehicle is repaired!!! Do we have any rights that can help us?