Faulty roof on convertable please help!

louise19

Mar 3, 2012
purchased a renault megane from 30th july the roof was broke and bodged together, the part was stuck back onto the car in a way that it would never last with some kind of melted plastic it has now just dropped off, I am not happy under consumer rights i was mislead when sold this item as i was not advised of this fault, ( i paid 3k for this car and the repair will be in excess of 1k) i feel i have been done and its not fair for a garage to be able to do this to an individual this is why i purchased from a garage for peace of mind that i could trust in the item i purchased, I have contacted the garage and his reply is

I'm afraid I'm not prepared to move on this. As far as I am concerned the car had a fully functioning roof when we sold it to you.
I seem to remember the roof was demonstrated to you as working prior to the sale.
The roof may or may not have been repaired prior to its sale however the fact still remains the same that the roof was fit for purpose at the time of sale.
I think it would be fair to say that that because there is such a time between the purchase date of the car and the issue occurring it would be impossible to prove the fault existed prior to the date of sale.
If the fault had occurred close to the actual sale date I would have been happy to accommodate a repair, but I'm afraid eight months after the sale is just too long to be considered a pre existing fault.

please help do i have any rights is there anything i can do?

a devastated upset lady